Jackfruit is a seasonal fruit recognised for its unique shape, size and fruity flavour. It is very rich in energy, dietary fibre, minerals and vitamins. It is free from saturated fats or cholesterol. Thus it is s healthy summer treat to all of us. Salted Jackfruit Dry
The seed of jackfruit is composed of starch and protein.
Health benefits of Jackfruit:
- Jackfruit is rich in providing calories. It is easily digestible.
- It eliminates cancer causing chemical from the colon.
- It contains a significant amount of vitamin A and flavonoids. Thus it protects from lung and oral cavity cancers.
- It is a good source of antioxidant, vitamin C. Thus it helps the body develop resistance power against infections and harmful radicals.
- Jackfruit is rich in B-complex, vitamin B6 and folic acid.
- The fresh Jackfruit is a source of potassium, magnesium, manganese, and iron. It controls heart rate and blood pressure.
The raw Jackfruit is stored in salted water for off-seasonal use. The salted jackfruit dry/fry recipe is easy to prepare and good to taste.
Salted Jackfruit Dry | Ghare Sukhe | Uppad Pachir Aajadina | Salla Upkari
- 2 Cups Salted Jackfruit Cut into long pieces
- 3 Long red chilli Cut into pieces
- Curry leaves few
- 2 tbsp Mustard seeds
- 5 Garlic flakes Crushed
- 1/2 Cup Fresh grated coconut
- Tamarind Very small marble size & soaked in very little water
- Soak salted jackfruit in water for ½ an hour and then wash them 3 to 4 times in fresh water to remove the excess salt.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, red chilli, curry leaves and crushed garlic flakes. Fry till you get nice aroma of garlic.
- Add jackfruit pieces and fry till it changes the colour to dark yellow.
- Add tamarind water and cook till done.
- Add fresh grated coconut and mix.
Note: DO NOT add salt.
Share this Recipe