Jackfruit is a seasonal fruit recognised for its unique shape, size and fruity flavour. It is very rich in energy, dietary fibre, minerals and vitamins. It is free from saturated fats or cholesterol. Thus it is s healthy summer treat to all of us. Salted Jackfruit Dry
The seed of jackfruit is composed of starch and protein.
Health benefits of Jackfruit:
- Jackfruit is rich in providing calories. It is easily digestible.
- It eliminates cancer causing chemical from the colon.
- It contains a significant amount of vitamin A and flavonoids. Thus it protects from lung and oral cavity cancers.
- It is a good source of antioxidant, vitamin C. Thus it helps the body develop resistance power against infections and harmful radicals.
- Jackfruit is rich in B-complex, vitamin B6 and folic acid.
- The fresh Jackfruit is a source of potassium, magnesium, manganese, and iron. It controls heart rate and blood pressure.
The raw Jackfruit is stored in salted water for off-seasonal use. The salted jackfruit dry/fry recipe is easy to prepare and good to taste.