- Rajma or kidney beans are rich in soluble and insoluble fiber. It prevents digestion disorders.
- It helps in preventing heart diseases
- Kidney beans provide you the vital energy and stabilize the blood sugar levels
- The rich content of Iron in kidney beans helps growing children and lactating mothers
- The vitamin B1 in it gives nutrition for the memory glands and hence helps in giving good memory power
- It is great antioxidant to boost the immunity
- Very good source of protein
Recipe of Rajma Masala | Kidney Beans Masala | Rajma Recipe
- 1 cup Rajma | Kidney beans
- 1 Onion
- 2 Tomatoes
- 1 Green chilli
- 1 tbsp Chopped ginger
- 1 tbsp Chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp Dry mango powder
- 1 tbsp Garam Masala
- 2 tbsp Coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp Butter
- Salt as required
- Wash Rajma thoroughly and soak overnight.
- Take soaked Rajma in a pressure cooker.
- Add finely chopped onions, tomatoes, ginger, green chilli and garlic to Rajma
- Add butter and salt.
- Add 2.5 cups of water and cover the pressure cooker lid. Take 18-20 whistles as the Rajma should be cooked very well so that it should melt in your mouth.
- Once you open the pressure cooker lid, take a boil.
- Now add dry mango powder and garam masala and take another boil.
- The consistency should be little thick.
- Now garnish the masala with coriander leaves.
Tasty and healthy Kidney beans (Rajma) masala is ready to serve with Roti or rice.
Share this Recipe
1 thought on “How to make Rajma Masala | Kidney Beans Masala”
As usual nice post ….. Thanks for sharing this!! 🙂 🙂