Everyone knows to prepare various kinds of Ivy gourd recipes. But very few know that it can be used to prepare Chutney! Yes, believe me, the chutney tastes yummy.
Ivy gourd is a good source of nutrients, vitamins, and minerals. It is rich in Iron, vitamin B2, vitamin B1, dietary fibre and calcium.
- Ivy gourd eliminates the long-lasting fatigue which might occur in both men and women.
- It helps in strengthening the nervous system.
- It plays an important role in the manufacture of red blood cells and hence it is energy boosting food.
- It keeps our digestive tract healthy.
- It also helps in preventing kidney stones.
Let us learn to prepare Ivy gourd Chutney | Tindora Chutney | Tondekayi Chutney.
- 1 Cup Tindora
- Tamarind Marble size
- 1 tbsp Turmeric powder
- 2 or 3 Green chillies
- Salt as required
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 tbsp Mustard seeds For seasoning
- 1 tbsp Split black gram For seasoning
- Curry leaves- few few - For seasoning
- 1 Red chilly cut into pieces - For seasoning
- 1 tbsp Oil For seasoning
- Wash Tindora, trim the sides and split them into four.
- Heat oil; add slit tindora, green chillies, turmeric powder, salt and tamarind. Cook till the tindora becomes soft. If required you can use little water.
- Cool the mixture and grind it coarsely.
- In a pan, heat oil, add mustard seeds, black gram, red chilli, curry leaves and prepare the tempering. Add the ground tindora mixture to it and sauté for a minute.
Yummy Ivy gourd Chutney | Tindora Chutney | Tondekayi Chutney is ready to eat!
Share this Recipe