Ash gourd is used widely in Indian kitchens. It is high in Vitamin B and Vitamin C with minerals like calcium, potassium, iron and phosphorous. It is rich in fiber too. Let’s make Ash Gourd Halwa | Kashi Halwa | Kumbalakayi Halwa
- As gourd cleanses stomach with which it helps to keep the stomach from ulcers and intestinal parasites.
- It is widely used in aid of weight loss. Since it contains 96% of water, it is the best alternative to calorie-loaded foods.
- Ash gourd helps in stopping the internal bleeding.
- It helps fight against mental illness like epilepsy, anxiety, insomnia, neurosis and paranoia.
- Ash gourd is used for cosmetic levels too. Ash gourd is beneficial for hairs with dandruff. When applied with face pack, it removes dark spots and gives a natural glow to the skin.
Ash gourd is mainly used for curry type recipes. But few know that it can be used to prepare sweets. One of the famous sweets out of it is Kashi Halwa. It tastes awesome and melts in the mouth.