Squid, is a fish with a long body and ten arms situated around the mouth. There are many benefits from squid.
Squid helps our body to absorb the iron content. The fish is known to prevent arthritis.
With its protein content, it maintains healthy skin, muscles, hair and nails. Due to the presence of Vitamin B2, it is known to ease migraines.
The content Phosphorus in the squid builds up bones and teeth. The Vitamin B 12 lowers the risk of stroke, heart attack and death from heart diseases.
Since it has Vitamin B3, it regulates the blood sugar levels too. It boosts our immune system, relaxes our nerves and muscles. It also reduces the blood pressure levels.
Squid is high in cholesterol content and needs to be moderate the consumption.
This squid recipe is totally healthy as I am not using any oils in it. This recipe comes from my mum and I’m a great fan of it.
Squid (Bondas) – 1 Kg
Onions – 2 medium sized
Garlic – 12 flakes ( crushed)
Tamarind – big marble size (soaked in little water)
Curry leaves – few
Sambar powder – 11/2 tbsp
Chilly powder – 2 tsp
Grated coconut – 1 cup
Salt as required
* Cut and clean squid as shown in the figure.
* Take squid in a vessel, add thinly sliced onions, crushed garlic, curry leaves, tamarind pulp and salt. Cook until done.
* Now add coconut, sambar powder, chilly powder and mix well.
* Let it cook for 2-3 minutes so that it dries up all the water.
* Squid dry ready to serve!