It is hard to imagine the world without emails. These are very fast and easy to access; hence, people prefer to communicate through emails. You can use emails for personal or official purposes. Nowadays, using emails also are not very safe. Email viruses and email spoofing are various forms of threats to the email users. Sometimes, the hackers sent viruses as an attachment through emails.
E‑mail spoofing is the forgery of an e‑mail header so that the message appears to have originated from someone or somewhere other than the actual source.
Caution! Email spoofing involves creation of email messages with a forged email ID that is familiar to the recipient – so as to get them to respond.
Steps to be taken if your mail Identity has been spoofed
- Report about the Spoofed emails to your Internet Service provider and notify them through Email.
- Change your password immediately for all your other email accounts.
- Enable Sender filtering
- Enable recipient filtering
- Further, do not respond to any emails which have personal information from the forged Mail ID
- Add and update the block list regularly with the spammers, either their domain name or their email addresses
Download Exchange tools and RUN it to make sure your server is safe and healthy
Stick to the following rules to prevent your system from Spoofing attacks
- Always keep your computer system updated with a good anti-virus software
- Do not open the mail if you do not recognize the sender.
- Ignore any emails with comes without sender names
- Ignore any mail which has your name in the sender details
- Do not open any emails if it has only a link in the body of the message
- Enable the option of Filter messages with blank senders