Beef is healthy. There are 29 lean cuts of beef, according to USDA standards. Beef provides nutrients like zinc, iron, protein and B vitamins, and half of the fat found in beef is monounsaturated, the same heart-healthy fats found in olive oil
Beef- cut into small cubes- 1 kg
Onions- big sized- 2- chopped thinly
Ginger- finely chopped- 2 tsp
Green chillies- 2 ( slit in halves)
Coconut oil – 3 tbsp
Curry leaves- handful
Coriander leaves-1 tbsp
Mint leaves- 1 tsp
Water – as required
Coconut – 1\2 cup – roasted till brown
Ginger – 2 tbsp – chopped
Garlic – chopped – 2 tbsp
Red chilly powder – 2 tbsp
Coriander powder – 2 tbsp
Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
Ccinnamon stick – 3″ piece
Fennel seeds – 1tsp
Cloves- 5 no’s
Cardamom- 5 no’s
1 small star anise flower
Black peppercorns – 1/2 tsp ( can be adjusted )
- grind the Masala ingredients with little water and keep aside.
- heat oil in a pan, add ginger, curry leaves, green chillies and onions. Fry till the onions become translucent.
- now add the ground Masala and fry till oil separates.
- now add beef pieces ( you can pressure cook beef for 4-5 whistlE’s before adding).
- add required amount of water till you get the desired consistency.
- add required amount of salt.
- cover n cook till beef is soft and done.
- garnish with chopped coriander leaves and mint leaves.